Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Steampunk Fashion Show - Redux

Pop Brollies - The Penguin's Umbrella I did another Steampunk Fashion Show in January. While I did include the Bombs Away, Stripes, Silhouette and Steam Engine Wheel, I did create three new umbrellas for this show. First was Pop Brollies - The Penguin's Umbrella. This is a design I created for an Etsy Customer. She wanted the Penguin's Umbrella from the first Batman Movie... You remember Danny DeVito's delightfully disgusting portrayal, I'm sure. To me, it feels a bit more Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas, but hey, you say tomato and I say tomato, right? Either way, it looks great but this design does come with a small price, it took a lot of paint, and a couple of tries, but in the end, it's amazing and such a fun umbrella for any Halloween fan.

Pop Brollies - Fuck Cancer Pop Brollies - Fuck Cancer. I have a friend who has gone through some really tough times lately. She is a cancer survivor, but just lost her father to it. I lost my mother to lung cancer not to long ago too, so my heart was with her as she went through this struggle. As a gift, At her request, I made her a geary, swirly, fuck cancer umbrella, based off of my original 1900 Gears design.

Pop Brollies - 1900 Flower Gears






Pop Brollies - 1900 Flower Gears. In my search for gears I found so many great designs from the 1900's that just one wouldn't cut it. I want to have a nice variety for people to choose from. So, while the other design was based on hearts, this one is based on outer space and flowers so that each gear has a wonderful galactic floral feel to them. They even remind me of stained glass windows.

Pop Brollies - Steam WheelI'm also thrilled to share with you a close up of that Steam Wheel design from the previous fashion show. It's such an impressive scale and detail it was a shame to lose it in such a faar away shot.

All of these photos are thanks to Jason Ernst over at Wildhare Designs. Check out images from the rest of the fashion show including close ups of my other designs on his site. For even more photos, check out BCJ Photography who, once again, was the official photographer of the event.

No comments: