Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pop Brollies - City of Villains: Ghost Widow Umbrella

Another day, another game-inspired custom Pop Brolly!

By far the hardest umbrella I've done thus far. I haven't played City of Villains at all, so when a request came in for an umbrella for the game I was a bit scared. It's always hard creating something based off of a wildly popular anything. Then when I was sent the reference material I nearly squeed, I chose this version of the Widow character, there are so many, because of the great lines and contrast against the umbrella.

Ghost Widow is an incredible design at over 20" tall. She's not quite done yet, I've a bit more detail to add to the hair and some gray to outline her as the black of her outfit isn't holding quite the contrast that I wanted. Still I think this one is really going to impress when it's used.

I am currently developing the first line of Pop Brollies, check back soon for the official announcement. Custom designs are made on request. Please contact me either here or through my etsy account

No comments: