Monday, August 25, 2008

Design Ideas!

Well, It's been busy over in Nohwear land. Trying to clean out the studio a bit so I have more room for drying brollies. No complaints mind you but it does impact the speed in this one woman show. Since I've got a few minutes before hitting the hay for another day of Pop Brolly production though, I thought I'd throw out a post listing some ideas I'd love to make as well as to open it up to you wonderful people to tell me what you'd like to see done as well.

So here's a starting list of custom pieces I hope come my way.

1: Steampunk brollies. Yes, we all know with my Steampunk Wedding, of course I'd want to do this. It's an idea I'm still chewing on. I'm growing tired of simple gear prints on stuff and it being steampunk. I want it to go further and be better than just that. I half think some sort of clock face where the brolly looks like a decaying time piece. That's a lot of work but it would be such a fantastic challenge.

2: Nautical is fun a great tentacle or two or three reaching up from the depts of Davey Jones' locker. That'd be fun.

3: Zombie arms. I have one light colored umbrella in my possession. I desperately want this to look like a window with the shadowed outlines of zombie arms clawing at it. Think Dawn of the Dead or Shawn of the Dead when they're trying to break into the Winchester.

3: R2D2, C3P0, Boba Fett, Darth Vader. Wouldn't it be fun to make a series of brollies that look like their heads!

That's all for now, now you do your jobs, tell me what YOU want to see!

4 comments:

fynflood said...

I would like to see an Evangelion umbrella... maybe the Nerv logo.

We cannot forget Resident Evil, either. I WILL by an Umbrella with the Umbrella Corp logo on it.

I suppose you might have to worry about copyrights with those.

Maybe a Bonsai tree...

Unknown said...

Perhaps an H.P. Lovecraft themed umbrella would do the trick. Get some tentacles in that way, or just a portrait of the author himself with tentacles swirling out. Perhaps a little baby cthulhu or something!

Gwen said...

I love the zombie umbrella idea muchly!
I'd also love to see other classic horror movie umbrellas a la Bride of Frankenstein, etc. I think these might lend themselves well to the stencil like quality of some of the umbrellas you've pictured so far.
Should you ever decide to attempt a Love & Rockets umbrella with Hopey and/or Maggie/Izzy on it I will give you fish, candy and money for it.

misskitty79 said...

These are really cool!

Any of the old horror stories should be without copyright issues, say, Frankenstein's Monster, or a haunted house...

Also, The Penguin's hypno-brolly (from the tv-series), with a spiral on it... It'd probably be a pain to do, but I bet it'd be a popular model. :)